Legal Question in Tax Law in Indiana


My ex-wife and I owed the IRS over $10,000. The Irs have only came after me for the money. Can I take my ex-wife to small claims court for half of the money?

Asked on 4/08/08, 1:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Cappuccio Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax)

Re: taxes

First, usually tax issues are covered in your divorce settlement agreement. You should check the agreement and if you have a question, call your divorce attorney.

If the issue is not otherwise addressed, you can make a suit for re-imbursement from your ex-wife. Of course she may argue the tax was due to your income.

I hope this helps!

Ron Cappuccio

Read more
Answered on 4/08/08, 2:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Indiana