Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

I have a durable POA when signing over real estate to someone else do I put both names on quit claim deed mine and the owner or just the owner and I sign for them?

Asked on 10/18/12, 11:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

If you are signing over real estate under a Durable Power of Attorney, then you will put in the name of the person who owns the property. You will sign his or her name, then beneath it, you will print his or her name, then below that, you will print your name, followed by POA. The Recorder's Office is going to need to see your power of attorney. If you have questions about this, you should consult with an attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 10/18/12, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana