Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

My father passed away and I am living in his home, which I would like to now refinance in my name. My siblings are all in agreement that I can do so. Does this property have to go into his estate?

Asked on 11/09/18, 6:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Yes, the property has to be processed through a probate court proceeding so that the personal representative can deed the property to you. Otherwise, you can't obtain proper title.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/18, 5:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana