Legal Question in Tax Law in Iowa

I have been working for 2 years and getting paid cash. I have received some benefits from the state and did not turn any income in. The Department of Revenue is now investigating my employer. I made approximately $2500 in 2011 and $13,000 in 2012. What can happen to me? What can I do?

Asked on 7/07/13, 11:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

You'll have to pay your taxes on that money and refund the state for benefits they provided to you. You may also be prosecuted for fraud because I am sure you had to fill out some forms to get the state benefits and you probably had to affirm that you were not employed. I'd talk this over with an attorney, because you may need one.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Iowa