Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

Revoking municipal probation

If a person is on municipal probation for a DUI and gets

charged with criminal damage to personal property

under $500, what are the possible results in revoking

his probation?

Asked on 1/25/04, 4:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Wilson Michael T. Wilson, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Re: Revoking municipal probation

Among the standard conditions for all individuals on probation and/or parole is a list of "thou shalls" and "thou shalt nots". One of the thou shalt nots is that the individual break any federal, state, county or municipal law. Depending on the city and the facts of the situation, at minimum there will be a hearing, a revocation of the probation and then counsel will present such information as may lead the judge to re-instate the probation.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/04, 11:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas