Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Kentucky

i had life insurance coming out of my check since june 2009 it cancelled dec 2009 but they still took it out of my check im off on sick leave and had to use my short term disabilty through aflac thats who the life insurance was through they said the life insurance haded been paid since nov 2009 so my employer is not taking it serious its like 800 dollers someone ows me i dont know what to do.

Asked on 6/17/11, 9:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patricia Abell Abell Law Office

First, contact your employer and tell them about the problem. In some cases they may be able to fix the situation depending upon the size of your employer, their relationship with AFLAC and whether the error was your employer's or AFLAC's. If your employer does not fix the problem or pay you the money, I suggest you ask AFLAC for copies of all documents such as the policy, and notices that were sent of the cancellation and then contact an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/11, 5:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Kentucky