Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

Okay this is 2 questions. First I had a court date in Clark Co. Indiana was told to bring 150 dollars in and i'd be good to go.Upon arriving prosecutor called me in office said did you bring the $150 I said yes he said just sign this paper stating your guilty and your done. I refused to do so, He said well go out and have a seat in the court room. My name was called I stated I was NOT guilty and they told me okay your case will be moved up to superior court just sign here. I did never was given another date and now I have a warrant for failure to appear. What do I do?

Second question. A couple years ago now was arrested for theft from walmart but such wasn't the case. I had gotten a generator from the clearance section I believe was marked down to $60 or so plus had a cart full of other items. I went through the line the generator scanned for original price csm was called they changed the price no problem. As we were leaving walmart security and louisville metro police attacked us threw us in a room and said we was stealing the generator treated us lower than scum we was taken to jail. They took my paid for items had car towed. We had plenty of money we had stolen nothing. Anyway was realeased on OR. went to first court date was laid over due to not having funds for council yet. My next court date I still didn't have a lawyer so I missed it leaving me with a Warrant in Jefferson Co. KY as well.

Please help???

Asked on 2/05/14, 10:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

I am only licensed in Kentucky but can help you with your warrant in Louisville. If it was several years ago, then there will likely be a resolution to the case that would be to your satisfaction. Feel free to call me. I can also refer you to an attorney in Indiana that can help you with your Clark County case.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/14, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky