Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

Do I need an attorney for 1st offense of charges: Alcohol Intoxication, disorderly conduct, criminal trespass, resisting arrest? Daughter 18 was in a dorm on campus and her friend was being taken by ambulance. She wanted to go, officer wouldn't let her and arrested her.

Asked on 6/02/15, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

I would always have an attorney present concerning any criminal charges especially first offense as there are options available that an attorney may be able to convince a prosecutor and the officer to accept. In this case representing yourself in a situation where you were charged with resisting arrest against that officer does not always lend itself to the officer considering other options without counsel present.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/15, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky