Legal Question in Elder Law in Kentucky

I am disabled and need mobility devices to get around. My daughter has my wheel chair, important legal papers and other items that belong to me and refuses to return them to me. I have no vehicle and must rely on the local bus service to get to Dr. appointments and the grocery. The service only runs inside the city and my daughter lives in the county. I have asked her repeatedly to bring me my belongings but she refuses. She ignores any phone calls and any correspondence. Police are no help because they say it is a family matter. What can I do to make her bring me my belongings. I am facing my third Knee replacement and will be needing my wheel chair and legal papers. I am 66 years old.

Asked on 6/10/16, 5:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Kasdan, Jr. Martin Z. Kasdan, Jr., Attorney at Law

Please contact your closest office of Adult Protective Services, which you may find in your phone book blue pages (government) under Cabinet for Families & Children.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/16, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Kentucky