Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

Child custody

Everytime my grandchildren (11-14) call they express their depressing dissatisfaction living with their father. He has moved them from Kentucky to Nebraska and leaves them alone with their care-less stepmother while he is off in South Dakota working. It seems he has very little concern about the activities at home. They are always 'grounded' for poor grades.

They claim they've just 'given up'. The oldest boy wants to live with his mother or me.

My daughter is too afraid to do anything due to her in-ability to pay child support.

Asked on 1/28/08, 12:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

Re: Child custody

Their mother would have better legal standing than a grandparent to modify custody of the children through the court.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/08, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky