Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

Ex trying to hold up divorce

I filed for divorce in December. My ex got a lawyer and filed a response with the court. My lawyer tried to work with my ex's lawyer, but I guess my ex never paid her lawyer, so the other side is doing nothing to try to work with us or get the divorce finalized. What happens now?

Asked on 1/31/08, 1:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC

Re: Ex trying to hold up divorce

This is frustrating. Some lawyers just operate this way and count on the frustration of the other party wearing them down. All you can do is get your lawyer to keep moving things forward. This can be done by serving formal discovery, motions of various sorts, etc.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/08, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky