Legal Question in Immigration Law in Kentucky

My wife, who's American, intends to apply for my immigration papers to the U.S. We are both living together in China, been here for more than 2 years.

I read somewhere that the petitioner needs to be the primary sponsor for the sponsorship affidavit. Meanwhile they require that you present a proof of domicile. My wife knows nothing about how to do that, and we have family willing to sponsor me in the states, but we are not sure if we can get another person to sponsor me, if my wife can't.

Help please!

Asked on 11/16/13, 10:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bill Klein Law Office of Bill Travis Klein

You are correct that your wife will have to be the primary sponsor and file an affidavit of support. She will have to be living in the U.S. or have documented plans to live in the U.S.

You can not have or keep a green card if you do not or can not live permanently in the U.S.

Consult with an immigration attorney to help you with the process before acting on this information.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/13, 5:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Kentucky