Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

Need info on harassment/stalking on internet...recourse?

There is a person who has been harassing me for several years now. I have a forum that I post to regularly and she will post very caustic responses to things that I post - she is following me online and harassing me.

She has a web page that is basically devoted to bashing me and my family. She posts on there regularly things that she has read in my blog or on my website or in the forums. She makes it a point to let it be known that she is ''watching'' me and following me online.

I have spoken to her on the phone once - she called. She threateded to ''hunt me down'' and make me pay. Over the past few years she has left thinly veiled threats to me on sites and forums.

There are other things that she is doing that I am quite sure cross the lines of the law - criminally.

Long story short, she has threatened me and she stalks me online at every turn.

In the past I have had to threaten her several times with legal action when she posted my photo and vicious lies about me. The website is ridiculous and her immature stab at getting to me and I am not concerned that anyone would see it - she is nothing. But I do not appreciate that she follows me to every forum where I post.

What recourse do I have to stop this psycho?

Asked on 9/21/06, 7:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve LeBlanc Steve LeBlanc, Ltd., (APLC)

Re: Need info on harassment/stalking on internet...recourse?

I suggest you contact the police.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/06, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana