Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

What is my sentencing for a non aggrevated criminal damage to property and disturbing the peace while intoxicated?

Asked on 5/24/18, 8:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vincent Miceli Law Office of Vincent Miceli

Sentencing depends on several factors including your criminal history and the value of the property alleged to be damaged.

Criminal Damage to property can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the property value. Disturbing the peace while intoxicated is generally a misdemeanor.

Simple Criminal Damage to Property where the value is under $500 carries a potential six month jail sentence plus a $1000 fine. Criminal Damage to property where the value is over $500, the sentence can be a fine of $1000 plus jail time up to two years.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/18, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana