Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My child support case had to be sent from Indiana to Louisiana over a month ago because my 3mo daughters father refuses to cooperate with the state I live in. He even spoke with the local prosecutor & told him he would not give him his address or take a DNA test. He then texted me his address out of the blue with a reminder of his threat to sue me for custody if it proves he's the father. I gave the child support office his address anyway & he still did not contact them. They got fed up & sent the case to LA & now I'm just waiting for them to contact him & order the DNA test. I'm not asking for an exact length of time it will take, just an estimate. Thank you very much for your time. :-)

Asked on 2/19/10, 12:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Another fine example of what happens when you let the government take care of your business. How can anyone but the Support Enforcement Agency in Louisiana tell you how long it will take? If you hired private counsel, you would expect something for your money. With the govenment, you get what you paid for. Sorry.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/10, 3:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana