Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My daughter is going through a divorce with an US airman. They seperated while he was stationed in Germany. She was not allowed to file until he returned to the states in October. She paid the attorney $1250 for the filling and was awarded $550 monthly spousal support in November. He has not paid any of that and has not returned any of her personal property ordered by the court. Now her attorney wants another $750 to file for contempt charges, which she does not have. Does she have any other recources to take?

Asked on 2/02/10, 10:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

She should contact the Air Force and inform them of the situation. My experience is that every branch of the service demands their members pay their support obligations.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana