Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana


My husband has cheated on me again and we just purchased a house. What will happen to the house, me andd our son?

Asked on 2/05/08, 11:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Divorce

What will happen to you and your son depends on many factors. However, the house belongs half to you and half to your husband. You will probably get interim spousal support, and depending on who was at "fault" in the breakup of the marriage, AND if you cannot earn enough money to care for your basic needs, you MAY be entitled to spousal support after the divorce. Someone will get domicialiary custody of your son, and whoever that is will be entitled to be paid child support by the other. Now of course all of the above, except the house, could change if facts change.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/08, 8:24 am
Johm Smith tom's

Re: Divorce

LA has no fault divorce; so it won't be a big advantage for you in a divorce. Get an attorney to protect you.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/08, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana