Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Power of Attorney being abused

Can a father give power of attorney over to his mother (the childs grandmother) so that he does not have to take responsibility of the care of his child when the child is in his custody? How can this decision impact a child custody case?

Asked on 3/15/08, 7:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Power of Attorney being abused

He can do that. It would impact on whether he should continue to have custody.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/08, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana