Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

My ex-husband and his neighbor across the street are good friends but both are being investigated for potential drugs or drug violations as well as potential sexual misconduct with the neighbors granddaughters. Prior to all this one of the neighbors in the area contacted me and was concerned about my ex-husband and his behavior around his neighbors children as his neighbor that lives across the street she is a grandmother and her granddaughters has been going over to my ex-husband‘s house a lot. And one of their neighbors had addressed their concern to me stating that he was concerned and it didn’t look right about these little girls going to my ex-husband‘s house. I did bring it up to my ex-husband stating that there has been concerns about the situation and I even told him that it was not healthy that it was going on of his neighbors granddaughters coming to and from. Here recently they started being investigated for potential sexual acts and the police also found a drawing that my ex said was from the girl across the street and it was a drawing of her supposed be going down on him. The cops did see the drawing and they also started their investigation. But now he and his neighbor across the street wants me to write a statement and have it notarized so they can take it to court so they can file charges against two other neighbors who are supposedly making fun of them. I don’t know any more about what’s going on but what they are telling me and I don’t want anything to do with my ex-husband as my daughter and I left him because he was very abusive. Do I have to write this letter?

Asked on 5/15/21, 5:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Based on what you say, you should NOT write a letter about this. You have no first-hand knowledge about his activities. I suggest that you stay out of it all.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/21, 6:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana