Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

I inherited a house from my great grandmother after her death because I was 13 at the time I was considered a minor so my father at the time was in charge of the property until I came of legal age (18). at the age of 18,my father denied me keys to the property because he said I was not mature enough. when I got keys to property at the age of (23) but the property was badly damage. my aunt was in charge of overseeing the property. Can I sue my father and aunt for damages so I can repair the property or what can I do?

Asked on 4/20/15, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Yes. They were responsible to maintain it for you and to turn over all of the property when you became an adult. If they failed to do that, they can be made to pay damages for breaching their fiduciary duty to you. Your problem may be that you waited so long. You may have waited too long to sue already.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/15, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana