Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

Is there legal recourse concerning a false claim in an accident report,after

trial judgement?

Asked on 2/02/13, 8:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Technically? Yes. Realistically? No. Filing a false police report is a crime, as is presenting false testimony in court. However, those crimes are almost never prosecuted. The reason is not so much that the police and the courts don't care if people present false testimony; it is simply very hard to prove that the person knowingly lied and didn't just have a faulty sense or memory of what actually happened. It is possible (and very common) to have two people testifying to completely opposite facts when both of them BELEIVE they are telling the truth. Our memories are subjective to our own points of view. Best advice? Let it go and be happy that you won.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/13, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana