Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

Vehicle Damage Payment

My daughter let her friend drive my wife's car and he ran off the road and hit a tree. They called his mother who went and picked them up without calling the police. My daughter's friend (the driver) was given a ticket for failure to report a crash. Damage to the driver side was extensive. We have tried working with my daughter's friend to have him repair or help wih the cost of repairs to th vehicle. He has promised to have the car fixed but to date has not made any effort to do so. What are our options in getting him to pay for the repairs or to share the repairs. Can we take him to small claims court. We have tried everything possible to work this out.

Asked on 11/18/07, 3:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Vehicle Damage Payment

Yes you can take him to court.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/07, 8:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana