Legal Question in Personal Injury in Louisiana

I was asssulted by an unknown person who was letter arrested. As a result of this assult I missed several days from work. Can I sue this person for lost wages and pain and suffering

Asked on 9/04/14, 2:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Of course. The problem may be they likely have nothing to take. You don't see a lot of wealthy people committing crimes. Still, if he has something to take, or a regular job where you can garnish his paycheck, you can sue him. You should also talk to the DA who is prosecuting him. Often, the criminal court will order criminals to pay restitution to their victims. While what you get via that route is almost always less than what you would in civil court, restitution always seems to get paid, as the criminal court enforces those payments with the very real threat of jail time if they don't pay.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/14, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Louisiana