Legal Question in Personal Injury in Louisiana

medical bills

I settled with my company after an accident in which iwas represented by an attorney in the agreement of the settlement all medical related bills incurred prior to the signing of the agreement would be paid by my companies insurance adjuster. my attorney told me to forward all outstanding medical bills to him. these bills are now 7months in arrears and in the hands of collection agencies.i have tried repeatedly to call my attorney on this matter but i can never get to him or his secretary. my companies lawyer and insurance company will not talk to me claiming that all matters must be handled through my attorney.what to do.

Asked on 6/08/02, 8:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: medical bills

Leave a message with the lawyer's office that you will go to the bar association if you do not hear from him within a reasonable time (you decide the time). At same time, hand deliver a letter to his office stating the same thing, and have someone sign for it. If you do not hear from him, go to the bar association and file a complaint.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/02, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Louisiana