Legal Question in Personal Injury in Louisiana

Harrasment of school aid by parents

My wife works as a school aid and one of her duties is playground monitor. A child went into a muddy area. He was instructed to get out. He stated ''You can't touch me!'' in difiance to the instruction. My wife touched his shoulder to turn him around and go to the back of the line. He then went to the school principal and filed charges. His parents pressed charges outside of the school system. The police said the charges were unfounded Parents have demanded she be fired and tring to ruin her reputation. Wife has 20 years with youth groups, in church, girl scouts, sunday school and she has at least 5 pastors willing to come for charater witnessed as well as over 100 other parents of children she has taken care of over the years. The bad kids at school are now yelling at all the playground monitors ''You can't touch me!!'' when they break the rules and the monitors just leave them alone because the school hasn't come to my wife's assistance. I would like to file a tort against the parents of this child for trying to ruin 20 years of my wife building her reputation as a good citizen and it has made her very uncertain on how to deal with kids in the future. Do I have a case against the parents?

Thanks for your advice.

Asked on 4/15/02, 9:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Re: Harrasment of school aid by parents

Any job action might have less to do with the law than with school system policy.

As to any lawsuits filed by the child's parents, if the facts you give are correct, there are no damages and little if any wrongdoing. If she loses her job then consult a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/02, 9:35 am
Steve LeBlanc Steve LeBlanc, Ltd., (APLC)

Re: Harrasment of school aid by parents

I don't think that would be worth your while, and would probably only make matters worse.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/02, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Louisiana