Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Right of possession

File a succession in june2009

after filing the child produce a will. The judge gave me right of possession in july then the other came back saying that it was a will - father had property before he married. Are we entitle to anything? He suppose to have written a will giving it to the adopted kids. Can that happen or can i challenge the will

Asked on 6/30/09, 12:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Raleigh Ohlmeyer Ohlmeyer & Ohlmeyer

Re: Right of possession

Dear Sir or Madam,

I may need more information, but if the will is valid, and specifically names the adopted children as the only legatees, then you may not inherit anything. There are always possibilities to challenge a will in form or substance, or in a circumstance of forced heirship. The fact that he owned property before he married is likely not a challenging issue. Any further questions may be submitted to or my email below.

Raleigh Ohlmeyer III ([email protected])

Read more
Answered on 6/30/09, 12:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana