Legal Question in Elder Law in Maine

Hello I am trying to find someone to help me. I am trying to set up a plan for my son to become owner of my property in Maine once I have passed away. I thought this would be a beneficiary deed?

Asked on 10/25/17, 4:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliott Teel Teel Law Office

The easiest way to do this will likely be to deed the property to yourself and your son as "joint tenants". That way once you have passed, the property is automatically owned by just your son, and the property is not an estate asset.

There are some legal issues that will need to be considered to determine if that is the best route, and an attorney can provide assistance with that.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/17, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Maine