Legal Question in Consumer Law in Maryland

I went to small claims court and loss . i filed an appeal . i filed the intitial claim in balt co where the company i was suing located. i filed a motion which i believe will be denied. can i also file same case in balt city where i reside and inital accident happ ?

Asked on 4/26/14, 6:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Generally one cannot "re-sue" - the law allows one a "day in court" but after a case is formally dismissed / resolved the plaintiff cannot turn around and sue again. Instead the law says the decision reached stands. The rare exception to this is a case dismissed without prejudice but that is different than losing on appeal.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/14, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Maryland