Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Maryland

My brother owes me 10k and I have texts as proof that he agreed to pay me. If I take him to court how long does he have until he has to pay it?

Asked on 6/23/16, 8:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brett Weiss The Weiss Law Group

Once the Court enters a judgment, you may garnish wages and attach bank accounts and other assets if he doesn't pay voluntarily. There is no specific period when he has to pay. A judgment is simply a court order that he owes you the money and gives you the ability to use garnishment and attachment to collect it.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/16, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Maryland