Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Maryland

I purchased a car back in 2007 with my ex girlfriend. She was the Co-signer and I didn't have a license. We split up in 2009 and she kept the car and said she was going to continue making payments to my bank NFCU. She wasn't keeping up the payments and I just got the car back in 2011. The car is a mess, non running, tore up/ scratches just in bad shape. I have records for each time I made payments. Is this worth taking her to court over? It is sitting on my credit with a lien with NFCU and I don't have the tittle. I received my license on 12/20/11 . I have asked her many times to contribute something towards it. Now it is sitting in my parking lot at the apartment building I live at with all of her belongings in it. She has been MIA since I got the car back.

Please let me know if this is a waste of time or not.

Thanks in advance,

India (27yr)

Asked on 3/08/13, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

Obtain a duplicate title from DMV and remove her name/retain in your name/sell the vehicle. Damages may pertain to further payments. She may be responsible for use and neglect. You will need to file appropriate claims. Contact me if needed.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Maryland