Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

Hello I was called in by the Maryland State Police for questioning and I asked for a lawery serval times during questioning and he just kept going and he said I made a statement but there was no recording device or statement from me or my signature saying that I said anything can that statement be thrown out of court I need help.

Asked on 1/13/13, 9:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

You definitely need help! It sounds like you are saying the alleged statement is very incriminating. There are a lot of possible ways to get it suppressed from use at trial. You need a lawyer immediately.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/13, 2:45 pm
William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

Understand that anything you say might be used as evidence against you in court. Accordingly you should not say or write anything. Instead, you should seek a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Online posts are not confidential. If law-enforcement word to somehow find your post, then it might be used as evidence against you. Ultimately, a judge would decide in a suppression hearing whether your statement was free and voluntary.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/13, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland