Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

I was cited in Maryland for a under age possession of alcohol charge (I am 18 years old). This will be my second charge, my first being in my home state, Virginia, in which was dropped to a traffic offense following my completion of community service and probation in February. I called the district court office today and they had told me that my offense was not civil but a criminal offense. My question is does Maryland handle subsequent mip of alcohol charges as a civil offense or criminal offense?

Asked on 9/09/13, 11:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

Your citation or charge paper should indicate whether the charge is jailable. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 12:25 pm

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

They could charge it either way. If you provide me with the details, I can look it up.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 3:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland