Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

What and how dificult is to get your record exponged?

Asked on 9/15/09, 4:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

As long as you are eligible for expungement (got a PBJ, not guilty, nolle prosequi, stet, pardon, etc.), it is very simple in most instances. You can get the necessary forms at the Court Clerk in which your case was filed. The fee is $30 to file.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/09, 4:46 pm
William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

Sometimes you could get a conviction overturned, but it is difficult. I recenlty got a conviction modified to pbj for a client, and now we are pursuing expungement. If you feel that you were wrongly convicted, you may be able to appeal, pursue postconviction relief, or petition for coram nobis. Although there is no guarantee that the conviction will be overturned, if it is you may be able to expunge the case depending on the ultimate outcome.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/09, 5:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland