Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I was not happy with a court order issued by prince George courts, what appeals court can i appeal to ?

Asked on 6/01/16, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

If your case is in the Circuit Court and it is a final order disposing of your case, an appeal can be filed within 30 days to the Court of Special Appeals. If it is merely an interim order, ruling on a motion for example but with the case still active, in most cases you would have to wait until the case is concluded to appeal. If your case is in the District Court of MD, you can appeal to the Circuit Court, but unless it was a small claims case, your appeal would be based on a submission of the record, as opposed to a re-do. The appeals process can be quite complex even for an attorney who doesn't regularly handle appeals, as there is a whole set of rules to master.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/16, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland