Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

what he can do to save the marriage?

He has proof of her adultery. She moved out two years ago and filed a divorce now. He doesn't want a divorce for some reasons. What can he do?

Asked on 9/29/03, 2:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Re: what he can do to save the marriage?

Once spouses have lived separate and apart continuously for two years, either party can get a divorce on that basis. The wife's adultery doesn't play a part in the ability to get a divorce under these circumstances, but might do so if there are property division issues to be resolved.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/03, 10:41 am
G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

Re: what he can do to save the marriage?

He, assumed as not being adulterous, cannot do anything to "SAVE" the marriage as it is over. A divorce is in the making. The real matter is how the divorce will occur as a matter of law. An attorney's assistance may be needed.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/03, 10:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland