Legal Question in Military Law in Maryland

Military Father

I am about to be a new father in the military and need to know all the forms i need im having a girl an her mothers going to stay with me

Asked on 5/17/09, 5:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Denese Dominguez Law Office of Denese Dominguez, LLC

Re: Military Father

You will have to have a family care plan in place making certain that your child will be cared for in the event of your deployment. Go up your chain. Your NCOIC should be able to direct you. If not, see your JAG. Your child is entitled to military benefits such as medical care (presuming you are active duty). If you are not going to marry the mother, make certain your child is listed as your dependent and has an ID card so that the mother can also get commissary and PX privileges if you are away. Bear in mind, if she is not your wife, she will not be entitled to military medical. The birth will have to take place in a civilian hospital and, once the baby is born, the baby only will qualify for military medical care. Call if you need anything. Congratulations, by the way.


Read more
Answered on 5/18/09, 3:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Maryland