Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

I want to move back into my mother's house because I am pregnant and there is room for us and I cannot afford where I'm living now. Only problem is my mother won't agree to let me move back in. When I turned 18, I am 34 now, she added me to the deed of the house, can she stop me from moving back in?

Asked on 4/09/16, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

As a co-owner you have the same rights as your mother insofar as the use of the property is concerned. However, if there is a threat of violence or worse your mother could seek a civil protection order, so be civil and try to give her "space" if at all possible.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/16, 9:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland