Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

Can I cross out a section of my will that leaves a money amout to my grandchildren , and inital it, and still make my will legal ? Do I need to make out a new will in the state I live in ? Thank you

Asked on 11/24/10, 12:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Stewart Law Office of Charles R. Stewart, LLC

The changes will not be effective. You should consult a local attorney to write a new will.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/10, 1:50 pm
G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

You have two primary options to change your Last Will and Testament.

You can make a codicil. Such a document could be prepared yourself but an attorney should be consulted to ensure its effectiveness.

You can make a New Will and Testament. This may be beneficial so that all your matters are updated at the same time.

Or you could invalidate your current Last Will and Testament and choose intestate instead of your wishes, which may or may not accomplish your objectives.

I am available at reasonable compensation to assist you with preparing these documents.

Call me today.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/10, 3:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland