Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

Myself and a friend have POA & durable POA we are both in the will. There was no executor named in the will. The wife just passed. & the husband has no living relatives he is in assisted living. If he passes our POA expires. How cam we proceed with paying his expenses and sell his property.

Asked on 4/03/19, 4:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Though it would be unusual to have a will that doesn't appoint any Personal Representative (often called an Executor in other tates), the law allows interested persons to petition for appointment. Maryland law has an order of priority for people to serve in the role of Personal Representative but if there is no one named and no living relatives a non-relative can certainly petition for this role.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/19, 5:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland