Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

My home is paid off , and I recently got diagnose

With cancer and my health insurance is stressing

Me out and I might have tto pay large medical

Bills. Is there a trust I can put my home into

To protect my home from medical liens?

Asked on 4/28/14, 8:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Beatson, II Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II

A trust can be set up to protect certain assets, however,

there are a number of fact-specific issues under

MD law that need to be carefully worked through concerning the Trust

Instrument and the administration of the Trust. An experienced trusts

and estates attorney should be able to handle this under MD law. Please

note that my legal services are available only with a signed engagement

agreement in accordance with the Maryland Rules of Professional Conduct

applicable to attorneys licensed in the state of MD. If I can be of any

help to you, contact my offices as I would be pleased to provide

legal/tax support.


Bob Beatson, 5-2-2014, 10:40 p.m. EST


Law Offices of Robert Beatson II

9818 Glynshire Way

Potomac, MD 20854

Tel/Fax 301-340-2951

email: [email protected]


Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law,

intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, civil

litigation, mediation.

Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY

ABA Member since 1980

Read more
Answered on 5/02/14, 7:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland