Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

quick deed how it is done my family is securing mortgage but i will be living in the house and paying all the bills

Asked on 10/30/10, 1:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

A lawyer licensed to practice in Maryland can assist you in preparing, executing, and recording a Quitclaim Deed (and the mortgage). Please feel free to contact me directly using the information provided by LawGuru.

Best of luck.*******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 11/04/10, 2:05 am
Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Both the Deed and Deed of Trust (for the mortgage) get recorded in the county Land Records. Most deed transfers also trigger Maryland transfer and recordation taxes, although there are some exceptions for certain in-family deeds. My firm assists with family deed transfers and seller held mortgages in Maryland, you are welcome to call my law firm at 410-216-7000 to get more information or contact another Maryland attorney of your choosing.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/10, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland