Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

I am suppose to close on a property next week and the lender said I have to get my name off the title to my moms house. However my my passed away last year. What do I do

Asked on 4/02/11, 7:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

Hire a Maryland real estate lawyer BEFORE you do anything. Your question does not provide enough information for an attorney reading it on the other end to give you proper advice. The basic question -- how do I get my name off title is easy -- you simply sign a quit claim deed over to your mom's estate and record it in the public land records. The question of SHOULD YOU DO THAT is a very different one and one you should discuss with an attorney.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.******

Read more
Answered on 4/03/11, 6:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland