Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

if my daughters signs a leter stating she is vivisiting family out of state and she is to bring her child back from the visit on a certain day and the father of the child has it notorized with out her presents will it be a legal document?

Asked on 12/15/11, 10:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Leila J. Wons Law Office of Leila J. Wons

It really depends on what other matters are currently in progress. For example, if you have a pending matter in the Probate and Family Court, and the parties have an agreement stating that neither party will remove the child from the Commonwealth unless agreed-to, in writing, by both parties, it does not need to be notarized for it to be valid. However, you should ensure that both parties sign this document, not just your daughter. Does this answer your question?

Read more
Answered on 12/15/11, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts