Legal Question in Criminal Law in Massachusetts

90:24 charge, Negligent Operation, More detail, what to do?

I posted a question a couple days ago, but left out some info, so the responses I received may change.

The ticket said 90 24, but only negligent operation of motor vehicle was listed on the ticket. Nothing about drugs or alcohol. I am assuming this is the only charge made??

How does this change things?

These are the other details:

I have been on several medications prescribed by my doctor for a while. Recently my doctor upped the dosages. while driving I had a reaction to one of the drugs and became very dizzy and double vision.

This is a listed possible side effect of all the medications, but the doctor was not concerned.

I pulled over and a cop pulled up behind me. he said someone called in and said I was swerving a lot.

I explained to him that I had just taken some medication, showed it to him, and i believed I was having a reaction to it.

I was not arrested, he had me have my car towed to a local garage, and he brought me to the police station to call for a ride.

Then when I was leaving he gave me a ticked mark 90 24, criminal application.

I sent it in for a hearing.

What do I do now???

I don't understand??

Asked on 4/01/09, 2:28 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Risa Freeman Law Office of Risa Freeman

Re: 90:24 charge, Negligent Operation, More detail, what to do?

This is not an oui charge. However,you are still facing possible license consequences and other punishments if found responsible. Therefore, you should hire an attorney to represent you at the hearing.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/09, 2:59 pm


Re: 90:24 charge, Negligent Operation, More detail, what to do?

It sounds like you were charged with endanering not drunk driving, so you are in better shape. I would charge you just for the clerk's hearing, but what court are you in??

Read more
Answered on 4/01/09, 3:18 pm
Joseph Murray Joseph M. Murray, Esq.

Re: 90:24 charge, Negligent Operation, More detail, what to do?

You still should retain an attorney to represemt you at the clerk's hearing which now sounds like it is for a charge of operating to endanger a conviction for which could still result in a license suspension. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/01/09, 8:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Massachusetts