Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My daughter is 18 and my child support order which was issued in 2000 that does not have an end date as to when I no longer have to pay child support- yet I received a notice in the mail from MA DOR stating that I have to pay until the age of 21??? Is that true? She has been estranged from me for over 9 years due to her mother and I have been told that my daughter is living with her boyfriend and from I have been told is not enrolled as a FT student and I do not know if she is working. How can I determine if she even meets the factors for continuing child support for the next 3 years?

Asked on 6/24/13, 3:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)

it she is not a full time student, then you should file for a modification. And given the facts, you should seek correct involvement.

one you file an action, you could summons records and/or conduct discovery.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts