Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

how do i get someone to stay off of my property that I don't want there? my husband and i are seperated, and he has been taking his girlfreind to my house. I don't even feel comfortab;le in my own house. I don't want her there

Asked on 6/03/13, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

I'm sorry you are having this issue.

One of the problems you are going to have as long as you are married to this individual is that Massachusetts does not really recognize "separated" as a legal status. I think you will actually find that the divorce process will provide you and your spouse with some structure during the time that you are not quite married but are not quite divorced either.

So long as you are married, and assuming there are no abuse prevention orders in place, you can't generally can't exclude each other from marital property.

If this arrangement is not working - and I can understand why it is not - your best bet is to speak to an attorney about your options.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 6:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts