Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Hi, i am LPR, i am planning to get married soon. The girl is in united states on B2 visa(I94 will expire soon). I am wondering if there is any way to avoid waiting for an immigrant visa outside the US and process the petition and wait inside the US without leaving the country at all.

Asked on 2/06/12, 6:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


Just being an LPR will not allow her to stay. She should file for a change of status to F-1 Student or H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/12, 1:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts