Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Marriage certificate and Immigration. I am not an American citizen, but I have a turist visa valid until 2012. In June, I would be marrying an American citizen in Boston. I want to perform the ceremony in my country, Brazil. My question is when I come back into the States, would I be able to enter with my visa or do I need some type of document or something in order to re-enter the country?

Asked on 1/31/12, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dianne Brooks The Mandel Law Firm

Since you will be married to a U.S. citizen you will most likely not be allowed back into the country without an immigrant visa, which your husband will be able to petition you for. It will take 6-9 months before it will be processed during which time you will have to stay in Brazil. Please feel free to call me at the toll free number below if you need further explanation.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts