Legal Question in Investment Law in Massachusetts

can i sue my ex boyfriend for a loan in January 2011 he has still not fully paid the amount, i have a promissory note he signed and two other witnessed signed?

Asked on 4/25/11, 3:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC


Depending on the dollar amount you are owed, you will need to sue in the Small Claims Division, the District Court, or the Superior Court. My advice would be to send a demand letter to him (or have an attorney do it) and then file suit.

If you would like representation, and your ex-boyfriend has an ability to pay, it is possible that your case could be taken on a contingent basis. That means you only pay attorney fees if funds are collected on your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/11, 5:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in Massachusetts