Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

I had my first day working at McDonald’s June 7th, 2013 and they put me on the fries vat. I put the basket of fries on the holding rack, which broke off and hot oil splashed all over me causing burns on my right arm. The manager said he knew it was broken and no one fixed it for months. Can I Sue?

Asked on 6/08/13, 10:58 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

John Bita Milligan Coughlin LLC

No, but you can make a worker's comp claim. Under the worker's comp system, an employee generally gives up the right to sue for on-the-job injuries.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 11:21 am

Theoretically you might be able to bring a Section 28 claim but I doubt you could find an attorney to take you case unless you were going to pay him by the hour, and if you work at McDonalds it may be beyond your budget to pay too many hours at $250 per hour. Best luck. Regards, JBS

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 11:58 am
ilya liviz Personal Injury Lowell

Your question is not properly phrased. The question is, can you seek compensation? The answer is YES. As an employee being injured in the course of your employment you can make a Worker Compensation Claim. Workers Compensation allows to cover areas such as Scarring and Permanent Disfigurement. It is important to get an attorney with Medical Knowledge that can properly bring your claim forward. I have seen claims being denied simply because an attorney can not present the medical issues correctly.

Ilya Liviz

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 3:41 pm
David Green Law Offices of Christopher Sullivan

You cannot sue your employer, but you can file a workers' compensation case. Please feel free if you would liek some assistance with this matter.

David Green

[email protected]

(617) 357-8600 x 103

Read more
Answered on 6/10/13, 6:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts